- The second phase of the Speechcraft Programme, Grand Finale and the Certificate Awarding Ceremony will be held on 29th July 2019 from 5.00 p.m. onwards
- රජයේ ඉඩම් ලියාපදිංචියේදී නීත්යානුකූල නොවන පැවරීම් සම්බන්ධයෙන් ශ්රී ලංකා නීතිඥ සංගමය මඟින් සියළුම නීතිඥවරුන් දැනුවත් කිරීම
- මාධ්ය නිවේදනය – 2019-07-11
WHY JOIN BASL?
The Bar Association of Sri Lanka (BASL) which is the Supreme body of organization for the Attorneys-at-Laws in Sri Lanka was established in year 1974 from which day onwards it has been playing a key role in the administration of justice. BASL which currently holds membership exceeding 20,000 all around the country, serves as the Federation of 87 branch associations operating island wide affiliated to regional Courts. Read More
The BASL is keenly monitoring the needs of hour in the Legal Profession for which it takes aptly –timed measures to alleviate the hardships which are encountered with the members of the profession. BASL which converts itself to a shield whenever its member has fallen victim to abuse of power at the hand of government institution has been succeeded more than once in securing compensation to the victim member from the authority concerned, by instituting necessary legal actions. On the top of which, it is the Identity issued by the BASL which accords a formal recognition for the Lawyers who visit government institution including law enforcement authorities to watch the interest their clients.
Following benefits accrue to a member of BASL
- BASL digital Identity Card
- The protection of an professional and influential organization
- Continuous Legal Education
- Opportunity to attend National Law conferences, Junior Bar Law Conferences and Provincial Law Conferences
- The welfare facilitates
- BASL Car Sticker
The legal literature at affordable price.
2019 – 2020 Membership Fees
|MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY||MEMBERSHIP FEE
|ID FEE||LATE FEE||PHOTO|
|LIFE MEMBERSHIP||Rs. 15,000/-||Rs. 2,500/-||
Per year (Maximum Rs. 4,500/-)
(Valid for current year)
|Rs. 500/- Per year (Within first 3 years of enrollment)|
All prices listed are in Sri Lanka Rupees (LKR).